Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s BBQ Homemade Smash Burgers
Smash Burgers are the ultimate summer barbecue idea, and now everyone can enjoy them without worry! Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce paired with Fody’s Steak Seasoning makes these homemade smash burgers a delectable flavor explosion you’ll be begging for at all of your cookouts to come. Pair them with your favorite side salad or roasted potatoes for a truly tasty summer treat the whole family will enjoy.
Fody’s BBQ Homemade Smash Burgers Ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground beef (ideally 80/20)
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Steak Seasoning
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 dill pickles, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 gluten free hamburger buns
Directions for Fody’s Homemade BBQ Homemade Smash Burgers
- Preheat grill and place a cast iron skillet or flat top on the grill grates.
- While grill is heating, prepare the smash burgers. In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground beef, Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce and Fody’s Steak Seasoning until fully incorporated.
- Shape beef into meatballs about 4oz each and set aside on a plate.
- When grill is hot, melt 1 tbsp of butter, sliding it across the pan or flat top to cover the surface.
- Place the meatballs on to the flattop or pan and smash using the back of a metal spatula.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, then flip, top with cheese and cook for another 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the grill and set aside while you build the burgers. Spread mayo and mustard on the inside of the bun, then place the burger patty on the bottom bun, top with lettuce, tomato, pickles and the remaining bun top.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.