Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP House Salad
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP House Salad
Do you have a house salad? The salad you make for friends and family and become known for? No? Well, this is going to be that salad! It's jam-packed with fresh, colorful, nutritious Low FODMAP vegetables and is perfect for Fody Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Note that we have taken FODMAP stacking into consideration, so if you stick to the serving size the recipe is suitable for the Low FODMAP diet.
Fody's Low FODMAP House Salad Ingredients:
- 8 cups (300 g) mixed Low FODMAP lettuces, such as butter, arugula, red leaf, iceberg and Romaine, washed and dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup (8 g) fresh Low FODMAP herbs, chopped or torn. We suggest dill, parsley, mint and/or basil in whatever combo you like
- 6 pods sugar snap peas, halved horizontally
- 3 red radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cored, cut into wedges
- 1 Persian cucumber (small and seedless), ends trimmed, cut into ribbons
- 2-inches (5 cm) daikon, peeled, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6-ounces (170 g) diced or sliced peeled papaya
- 3-ounces (85 g) diced or sliced peeled avocado
- 2-ounces (55 g) fresh corn kernels removed from 1 cob (use it raw)
- 2-ounces (55 g) crumbled feta or goat cheese
- ¼ cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens (remember, only the greens are Low FODMAP)
- ½ cup (120 ml) Fody Balsamic Salad Dressing, divided
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Summer House Salad
Place salad greens and herbs in a large bowl and toss with a light drizzle of Fody Balsamic Vinaigrette. Attractively arrange the sugar snap peas, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber ribbons, daikon, papaya, avocado, corn kernels, cheese and scallions on top of your greens. Drizzle with vinaigrette (you might not use it all) and serve your Low FODMAP salad immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.