Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody's Vegan Bolognese Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers are a lovely main dish – easy enough for a weeknight meal, but special enough for guests. Monash University lab testing has shown red peppers, pattypan squash, and rice contain no FODMAPs, so we stick with these ingredients to go along with Fody's Vegan Bolognese Sauce. Leftover rice works just fine, and you could even try one of the other Fody Low FODMAP pasta sauces for this dish, to change it up.
PS: Not all vegan cheeses are Low FOMAP, and also they can be made with various ingredients. Make sure your choice is Low FODMAP and also does not create a FODMAP stacking situation with the other ingredients.
Fody's Vegan Bolognese Stuffed Peppers Ingredients:
- 14-ounce (400 g) block extra-firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 6-ounces (170 g) small diced pattypan squash
- 6-ounces (170 g) small diced zucchini
- ½ cup (32 g) chopped scallion greens
- ¼ cup (8 g) chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup (8 g) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups (400 g) cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 ½ cups (750 g) Fody Vegan Bolognese Sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium red bell peppers, tops cut off, seeds removed and discarded
- 6-ounces (170 g) low FODMAP vegan mozzarella cheese
Directions for Fody's Vegan Bolognese Stuffed Peppers
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Have ready a 13-inch by 9-inch (33 cm by 23 cm) baking dish.
Cut the tofu block in half lengthwise. Place a triple layer of paper towels on a cutting board, place tofu slabs on top, then cover them with another triple layer of towels. Put something heavy on top, like another cutting board with a heavy pot on top. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes. This technique will remove excess water from the tofu. Once tofu has drained, discard paper towels and crumble tofu into a mixing bowl.
While tofu is draining, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add both types of squash and scallion greens and sauté for a few minutes until squash are crisp tender. Scrape mixture into bowl with tofu and add basil, parsley, rice, Fody Vegan Bolognese Sauce and half of the cheese. Stir together well, taste, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Stuff the peppers with the rice/tofu mixture and place side by side in the dish. Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove foil, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until vegan cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.