1 hour 5 minutes
Makes 16 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Cranberry Nut Cake
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Cranberry Nut Cake
This low FODMAP cake, dotted with fresh cranberries, is festive enough for guests or a party, but easy enough to make for a bake sale or a casual office party! If you want your low FODMAP dessert to be nut-free, you can leave the walnuts out, but they do add crunch, volume and flavor, which complements the tangy berries quite well.
Make sure to prep your pan as directed for ease of unmolding, as the decorative ring pan is part of the drama.
Fody's Low FODMAP Cranberry Nut Cake Ingredients
- 2 1/3 cups (339 g) low FODMAP gluten-free all purpose flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour, plus extra
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder; use gluten-free if following a gluten-free diet
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks; 226 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (198 g) sugar
- 1 cup (213 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) whole milk lactose-free yogurt
- 2 cups (212 g) fresh or frozen cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (100 g) walnut halves, lightly toasted, finely chopped
- Confectioners’ sugar; optional
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Cranberry Nut Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously coat the inside of a 12-cup (2.8 L) decorative ring pan with nonstick spray then sprinkle with the extra flour, coating all the interior surfaces; tap out any excess. Set aside.
Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl to aerate and combine; set aside.
Beat the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft and creamy. Add both sugars in two batches, continuing to beat on high speed, scraping down the bowl once or twice, until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, allowing each to absorb before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla, then add the dry mixture and the yogurt alternately in 3 batches, ending with the flour and beat until a few floury streaks remain. Fold in the cranberries and nuts. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth top with a small offset spatula.
Bake cake for about 55 minutes to 65 minutes or until a bamboo skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few crumbs clinging. Cool pan on rack for 10 minutes, then unmold onto rack to cool completely. Your low FODMAP cake is ready to serve. If you would like to dust the top with confectioners’ sugar, do so right before serving. Cake may be stored under a cake dome at room temperature for up to 3 days.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step. Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.