Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cok Time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 Burritos; 4 servings
Fody's Spicy Shrimp BBQ Low FODMAP Burritos
Description of Fody's Spicy Shrimp BBQ Low FODMAP Burritos
These low FODMAP burritos take advantage of frozen shrimp, which we always keep around for quick meals. Three Fody pantry products make this dish easy to make: Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, Fody Low FODMAP BBQ Sauce and Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning. The flavors are a little Tex-Mex and a little barbecue! Once you taste how delicious the BBQ mayonnaise is, you will think of MANY uses for it. For the flour tortillas, there are many available based on brown rice that are low FODMAP. Read labels and we find that ones that contain gums, such as guar gum, which is not a FODMAP, yield more flexible tortillas. They will be easier to roll.
Fody's Spicy Shrimp BBQ Low FODMAP Burritos Ingredients
- Spicy BBQ Mayo:
- ½ cup (113 g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Fody BBQ Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Fody Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens
- ½ red bell pepper, cored and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Fody Taco Seasoning
- 8-ounces (225 g) small to medium sized shrimp, cleaned and deveined (frozen and defrosted)
- 4, 8 to 10-inch (20 cm to 25 cm) low FODMAP flour tortillas, such as those made with brown rice, warmed
- 2 cups (400 g) cooked rice, white or brown, warm
- 5 ¾-ounces (160 g) rinsed and drained canned black beans
- ½ cup (16 g) cilantro leaves
Directions For Fody's Spicy Shrimp BBQ Low FODMAP Burritos
For the Spicy BBQ Mayo, simply stir the mayo, Fody BBQ Sauce and Fody Taco Seasoning. Set aside; this may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
For the Burritos: Heat Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in a nonstick skillet over low-medium heat, add scallion greens and red bell pepper and sauté until vegetables softened but not browned. Add the seasoning and sauté for 30 seconds, then add shrimp and sauté just until shrimp turns opaque, which will be 5 minutes or less.
For each warmed tortilla scoop about ½ cup (100 g) of cooked rice in the middle and lower third of the tortilla. Top with 40 g of beans, a quarter of the shrimp mixture, drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of the mayo, and then top with 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling, fold the sides in, then roll firmly upwards to encase the filling. Repeat with tortillas and fillings. Serve low FODMAP burritos immediately with extra mayo on the side.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.