Fody's Hearty Beanless Chili
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (green parts only)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons Fody Low FODMAP Vegetable Soup Base
- 1 ½ teaspoons Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For serving: shredded cheddar cheese, lactose-free sour cream, tortilla chips, fresh chopped cilantro
If you thought you'd have go give up on your favourite comfort food after your IBS or SIBO diagnosis, you can breathe a sign of relief thanks to this beanless, Low FODMAP chili recipe.
Brown and crumble the beef in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Drain fat and return to the pot. Add the tomatoes, water, scallions, red and green pepper, soup base, taco seasoning, cumin and oregano to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, but slightly vented, for about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue simmering until desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve your Low FODMAP chili garnished with the shredded cheese, lactose-free sour cream, tortilla chips and cilantro.
About the Chef
Dianne Benjamin is the author of The Low-FODMAP Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS and Other Digestive Disorders (Quarto Publishing Group, 2016) and runs the blog Delicious as it Looks. She lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with her husband and pug. When she isn’t cooking up a storm in the kitchen or taking photos, she enjoys reading, drinking coffee and spending time with family.deliciousasitlooks.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.