Low FODMAP Stir Fry with Chicken & Peppers
Description of FODY's Low FODMAP Stir Fry with Chicken & Peppers
A stir fry is an easy weeknight meal. This Low FODMAP Chicken & Peppers Stir Fry uses FODY Garlic-Infused Olive Oil to bring garlicky flavor to the game with chicken, red and green bell peppers, carrots, soy sauce, ginger and a little heat from hot red pepper flakes. A side of rice, white or brown, makes the perfect accompaniment. Note that you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, the latter of which will be a bit juicier. Or use a combo!
Low FODMAP Chicken & Peppers Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger (we use a Microplane-style zester)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus extra
- 2 pounds (901 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons FODY Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup (32 g) chopped scallions, green parts only
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, optional
Cooking Directions for Low FODMAP Stir Fry
Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes together in a large bowl until combined. Add chicken and stir to coat. Allow to sit while you prep and cook the vegetables.
Core and cut the peppers into 3/4-inch (2 cm) strips. Peel carrots and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch (12 mm) thick discs; set these vegetables aside together.
Heat a wok or other large sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and heat until shimmering. Add peppers, carrots and scallions and stir-fry over high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or until veggies are just crisp-tender. Remove from wok and set aside.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of FODY Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in wok, still over high heat, until shimmering. Remove chicken from marinade with tongs, allowing excess to drip back into mixing bowl. (Discard marinade). Add chicken to hot wok and stir-fry until chicken is just cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add vegetables to wok and stir-fry for about 1 more minute for the entire mixture to come together. Taste and add more red pepper flakes if you like and drizzle with sesame oil, if using. Serve immediately, with hot rice, if you like.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.