Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Chopped Chicken Salad
Description of Low FODMAP Chopped Chicken Salad
Some salads are built around large pieces of leafy greens. And then there are chopped salads! These gut-friendly feature ingredients are all chopped into small pieces, which makes them an easy school or work lunch– very portable. Our Low FODMAP Chopped Chicken Salad combines BBQ chicken, tomatoes, avocado, black beans, corn, and yes, lettuce, with a creamy low FODMAP dressing, using Fody's new Maple BBQ Sauce. If you're looking for salad presentation ideas, I chose to showcase mine in a footed glass trifle dish, but you can use any large bowl you like (Or make individual mason jar salads for take-along lunches). The only tricky part is how to cut the corn. Shuck your ear of corn and place it vertically on your cutting surface, broad end down. Use a sharp chef’s knife to cut in a downward motion, at the base of the kernels, to separate the kernels from the cob. You will be eating it raw. (PS: Canned corn is higher FODMAP than fresh corn. Please do not use it here. Frozen corn has not been lab tested for FODMAPs.)
Low FODMAP Chopped Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1 1/2-pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) Low FODMAP Maple BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1 medium head Romaine lettuce, cored, finely shredded
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 ear fresh corn shucked; corn kernels removed from cob
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 4-ounces (115 g) canned, drained black beans
- 4-ounces (115 g) shredded low FODMAP cheese, such as cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 6-ounces (170 g) avocado flesh, cut into dice
- ¼ cup (40 g) sliced black olives
- 3 radishes, trimmed and sliced thinly crosswise
- Fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup (75 g) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (80 g) lactose-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions for Fody's Chopped Chicken BBQ Salad
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush chicken breasts on both sides with 1/3 cup (75 ml) Fody low FODMAP Maple BBQ Sauce and place on a roasting pan. Roast for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Cool and dice. While the chicken is cooking you can prep your other veggies and the dressing.
You can layer up the vegetables and chicken any way you like. Use the images as inspiration and just save the avocado, olives, radishes, and cilantro for the very top.
For the low FODMAP salad dressing, whisk together the remaining Fody Maple BBQ Sauce with the mayo, lactose-free sour cream and lime juice. Serve the salad and offer the dressing on the side.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.