Low FODMAP Pumpkin Pie
Fody's Low FODMAP Pumpkin Pie Description
Monash University, the same folks that certify Fody's Low FODMAP Food products, have recently added canned pumpkin to their list of tested foods. We can now all enjoy a slice of Low FODMAP pumpkin pie with our holiday meal, or anytime we have a hankering for this traditional beloved dessert. No need to shop around for low FODMAP desserts to buy!
The creamy filling goes perfectly with our Low FODMAP Pie Crust; make sure to check out that low FODMAP recipe as well so that you are prepared to make this dessert that your family will clamor for.
Ingredients for Fody's Low FODMAP Pumpkin Pie
- 1 Fody Low FODMAP Simple Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup (99 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (54 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) lactose-free heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) whole lactose-free milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1, 15 ounce (425 g) can pure pumpkin purée
Directions for Low FODMAP Pumpkin Pie
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
For the Filling: Whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, spices and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk in cream, milk and eggs until well combined. Thoroughly whisk in pumpkin until smooth.
Pour filling into crust and bake until filling is set, about 40 to 50 minutes; it should still have a slight jiggle to the center as it will firm up upon cooling. Cool pie completely on rack before serving. Pie is best served the day it is baked but can be made 1 day ahead; simply cover loosely with aluminum foil and refrigerate. Make sure to bring to room temperature before serving.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.