Makes 6 Servings
Low FODMAP Pasta with Spinach, Prosciutto & Peas
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Pasta with Spinach, Prosciutto & Peas
In this spring-like pasta dish, low FODMAP and gluten-free pasta is combined with Fody Garlic Infused Olive Oil as well as Fody Shallot Infused Olive Oil with fresh baby spinach, shreds of prosciutto and a low FODMAP serving size of peas. Yes, peas! You can have 15 g (about 1 ½ tablespoons) of defrosted frozen peas per serving, and that is plenty to add to this low FODMAP recipe, which also features lots of freshly grated Parmesan. If you want more peas, you can have up to ¼ cup (45 g) of drained canned peas per serving!
Fody's Low FODMAP Pasta with Spinach, Prosciutto & Peas Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Fody Garlic Infused Low FODMAP Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fody Shallot Infused Low FODMAP Olive Oil, plus extra if needed
- ¼ cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens
- 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) water
- Kosher salt
- 12-ounces (340 g) low FODMAP, gluten-free penne or ziti
- 4-ounces (115 g) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4-ounces (115 g) prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 60 grams frozen peas (about 1/3 cup), defrosted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-ounces (55 g) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Pasta with Spinach, Prosciutto & Peas
Heat the oils over medium heat in a large straight-sided skillet until shimmering. Add scallion greens and sauté until soft, but not browned. Add the water, a large pinch of salt and the pasta, cover and bring to a boil. About 3 minutes in, add the spinach, stirring it into the pasta mixture. Re-cover the pot. Keep boiling until pasta is a little firmer than al dente. Do not let the water completely evaporate; the dish should look juicy. Stir in the prosciutto and peas.
Remove from heat; stir in butter, Parmesan, , the lemon juice, zest and herbs. Toss everything together well; if mixture looks dry, drizzle in a little more oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper and serve your low FODMAP pasta immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.