Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Fody's Shrimps with Green Peppers and Feta
Description of FODY's Low FODMAP Shrimp
A Low FODMAP shrimp recipe makes for a great weeknight meal. Even if they are frozen, you can get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. We like IQF (individually quick frozen) shrimp because they defrost so quickly. Simply let cool running water flow over them and they will defrost in minutes. For best results in any Low FODMAP shrimp recipe, make sure to buy shrimp that are not treated with any additives or preservatives. It is easier and easier to find them and their flavor and texture will be superior. PS: the number count that you will see alongside shrimp in recipes and at the fish counter is telling you how many shrimp there are per pound.
This one-dish Low FODMAP shrimp meal combines sautéing scallions and green bell peppers with fresh basil, takes advantage of canned, diced tomatoes and the aforementioned frozen shrimp. Make some rice to serve alongside, if you like, or even hunks of Low FODMAP bread to sop up the sauce is a great way to go. As for the feta, we like sheep’s milk feta, but you can use whatever kind you like.
Low FODMAP Shrimp Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil or Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped leek greens
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry white wine
- 28 ounce (794 g) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (455 g) large (26 to 40) frozen shrimp, defrosted and shelled
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 ounces (85 g) feta, drained and crumbled
Directions for Low FODMAP Shrimp
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil of choice. Add scallion greens, leek greens and diced bell pepper and sauté for a few minutes until softened. Turn heat up, add white wine and tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a vigorous simmer, cover, adjust heat down and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper (remember that the shrimp and feta will be adding saltiness). Uncover, add shrimp and cook, stirring often, just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in basil and parsley, scoop out onto plates and scatter feta over each serving, dividing equally. Serve the Low FODMAP shrimp dish immediately. A nice steamed green vegetable, such as green beans, are nice alongside.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.