Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Zesty Salsa Verde Shrimp & Rice Skillet
This easy shrimp recipe is loaded with sauteed shrimp, red bell pepper, green onion & rice all tossed in Fody’s Salsa Verde with chopped cilantro & lime juice squeezed over the top! Quick & easy, this tangy shrimp skillet meal is perfect for those busy weeknights!
Fody's Salsa Verde Shrimp & Rice Skillet Ingredients:
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tsp Fody’s Taco seasoning
- 1-2 Tbsp Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, deseeded & diced
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced (green parts only)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup Fody’s Salsa Verde
- 1-2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Directions for Fody's Salsa Verde Shrimp & Rice Skillet
- Pat your shrimp dry with a paper towel then place them in a bowl and toss them in Fody’s Taco Seasoning.
- Next in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides or until the shrimp is cooked all the way through. Then remove the shrimp from the pan and set it aside.
- Next add your diced bell pepper to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they’re just tender. (You may need to add another tablespoon of oil depending.) Then add the cooked rice, Fody’s Salsa Verde and green onion to the pan. Stir and add salt and black pepper to taste. (Adjust your seasonings accordingly.) Then turn your burner down to medium and heat the rice until it’s warm throughout.
- Once the rice is warm, add your shrimp back to the pan and squeeze your lime juice over the top. Heat until the zesty shrimp is warmed to your liking then garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com