Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Makes 8-12 servings
Fody’s "Build Your Own" Nacho Bar
It doesn’t get much better than this "Build Your Own" Nacho Bar on Super Bowl Sunday! Let your guests choose their own tasty adventure with toppings for low FODMAP nachos like Original BBQ Chicken, Maple BBQ Pulled Pork and Chipotle BBQ Fajita Style Veggies, all made with Fody’s easy-to-digest BBQ Sauces. These low-FODMAP nachos are the perfect addition to your game day spread & also pair perfectly with Fody’s Game Day BBQ Quesadilla Platter!
Ingredients for Fody’s "Build Your Own" Nacho Bar:
For the BBQ Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil
For the BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 lb pork shoulder
- ½ cup Fody’s Maple BBQ Sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne pepper
For the Fajita Style Veggies
- ½ cup Fody’s Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
For the Nachos
- 2 bags gluten free or corn tortilla chips
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup chopped scallions (green parts only)
- 1 cup lactose free sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeño, diced & deseeded (optional)
Directions for Fody’s "Build Your Own" Nacho Bar:
- To begin making your low-FODMAP nacho bar, prepare the pulled pork first, as this will need the most time to cook. Add pork shoulder to the basin of a slow cooker, then coat with spices and Fody’s Maple BBQ Sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When the pork has about 30 minutes left to cook, prepare the chicken. In a large mixing bowl, toss the cubed chicken with salt & pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil over medium heat. Once oil is shimmering, add chicken to the pan, cooking for about 20 minutes until the meat is cooked fully through. Remove it from the pan, toss with Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce & set aside.
- Next, add bell peppers to a medium mixing bowl, tossing with Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil & spices. If you’re serving vegetarians, cook the peppers in a separate pan; otherwise, you can cook them in the same pan used to cook the chicken. Once the peppers are tender, toss them with Fody’s Chipotle BBQ sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 400 and assemble the nacho base. Using two sheet pans lined with parchment paper, arrange tortilla chips on the pans and sprinkle with cheese. Once the oven is preheated, bake the nachos until the cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the nachos bake, add meat & veggie toppings to individual bowls and arrange additional toppings like chopped scallions, sliced black olives, sour cream and jalapeños to individual bowls. Be sure to set out plenty of plates & serving spoons for your guests to build their own customized plate of low-FODMAP nachos!
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.