Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Crispy Lime Chicken with Corn & Avocado Potato Salad
Craving gut friendly crispy chicken? We’ve got what you’re looking for! This Crispy Lime Chicken with Corn & Avocado Potato Salad is full of bold and fresh flavors, and it will leave you feeling satisfied and not bloated! It’s a hearty, nourishing recipe with minimal ingredients, making it an easy weeknight comfort food recipe to prepare.
Fody’s Crispy Lime Chicken with Corn & Avocado Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 2 tsp Fody’s Taco Seasoning, divided
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 3 tbsp lime juice and 1 tbsp lime zest, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley plus more for serving, divided
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 5 lb. mini potatoes or creamer potatoes
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ear corn
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup cotija or feta cheese
- ½ cup Fody’s Salsa Verde
Directions for Fody’s Crispy Lime Chicken with Corn & Avocado Potato Salad
- To start your crispy lime chicken, preheat your oven to 385 degrees F (convect/fan). In a mixing bowl, add 1 tsp of the taco seasoning, 1 tbsp garlic oil, 2 tbsp lime juice, and 1 tbsp of the parsley. Whisk together, add chicken thighs, and mix chicken with dressing. Place chicken thighs on a rimmed baking tray lined with parchment paper, skin-side up, and bake for 45-55 min or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile, start your avocado potato salad. Cut any larger potatoes in half, leaving smaller ones whole, to ensure consistent size. Place on a rimmed baking tray lined with parchment, drizzle with 1 tbsp garlic oil, kosher salt, remaining 1 tsp taco seasoning and toss. Bake potatoes with chicken for 35-45 minutes, until the potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- While the crispy lime chicken and the potatoes are cooking, cut the kernels off an ear of corn. Sauté in a tsp of garlic oil and a dash of salt on medium heat until some of the corn is turning light golden brown, 4-6 min stirring occasionally.
- To serve your gut friendly crispy lime chicken, place potatoes on a serving tray. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil, and parsley. Toss potatoes. Top with corn, diced avocado, and cheese. Top potatoes with chicken thighs and serve with extra lime wedges. Sprinkle lime zest and drizzle salsa verde over top. Top with extra chopped parsley as desired, and get ready to enjoy a crispy, creamy homemade dinner!
About the Chef
Janet Gronnow is the recipe creator and food photographer behind the popular blog Munch Meals by Janet and the @janetsmunchmeals Instagram account. Janet shares approachable, delicious meals for foodies and families, focusing on simple ingredients and preparations that pack big flavor.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.