Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Gut Healthy Frittata Recipe with Zesty Potatoes
Looking for an easy, gut-healthy brunch recipe to whip up? This Gut Healthy Frittata Recipe with Zesty Potatoes is the perfect choice! Made with gut friendly ingredients like Fody’s Salsa Verde, Shallot Infused Olive Oil and Taco Sauce, it’s an easy egg recipe that is guaranteed to satisfy. Perfect for serving guests on special occasions or as one of your new favorite pre-prepped breakfast ideas, you can enjoy this easy frittata throughout the week!
Ingredients for Fody’s Gut Healthy Frittata Recipe with Zesty Potatoes:
For the Gut Healthy Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ½ cup baby spinach or kale
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Fody’s Salsa Verde
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
For the Zesty Potatoes
- 2 medium white potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fody’s Taco Sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Directions for Fody’s Gut Healthy Frittata Recipe with Zesty Potatoes:
- To make your gut healthy frittata, pre-heat oven to 400F. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper until light & fluffy. Add in diced green pepper, spinach or kale, and shredded cheddar cheese, stirring gently to combine. Pour egg mixture into a medium cast iron skillet or well greased pie dish and bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are set.
- While eggs bake, in a medium mixing bowl, combine diced potatoes, Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil and spices, tossing to fully coat the potatoes.
- Heat a well greased medium sized pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the seasoned potatoes and cover with a lid, cooking for about 25-30 minutes. Every few minutes give the potatoes a stir to ensure they do not burn. When the potatoes are beginning to become fork tender, add in Fody’s Taco Sauce and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- When the gut healthy frittata is baked, garnish with Fody’s Salsa Verde & fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with the zesty potatoes on the side.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.