Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody’s One Pot Pasta with Sausage + Peppers
One Pot Pasta with Sausage + Peppers is going to quickly become a weeknight favorite! Coming together in just 30 minutes this dish can be the perfect cozy, quick pasta recipe for the whole family, or your go-to meal prep dish for the week. Featuring Fody’s Marinara Sauce and Garlic Infused Olive Oil, this meaty pasta is loaded up with fresh veggies and protein packed sausage. It’s a tasty twist on a classic sausage + pepper dish, and the ultimate healthy comfort food!
Fody’s One Pot Pasta with Sausage + Peppers Ingredients:
- 12 oz gluten free penne pasta
- 1lb nitrate free pork sausage (no spices added, removed from casing)
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground fennel seed (or coriander)
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- ½ cup Fody’s Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth (low fodmap friendly)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Directions for Fody’s One Pot Pasta with Sausage + Peppers:
- Over medium heat, warm a large, deep skillet and add Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil.
- Heat oil until just shimmering, then add diced peppers and sausage, stirring often and cooking until peppers are soft + sausage is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Next add chopped kale, dried spices and Fody’s Marinara sauce, stirring to fully incorporate the spices.
- Slowly pour broth into the skillet, then add the gluten-free pasta, continuing to stir to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated. Cover the skillet and allow pasta to cook until al dente, around 7-9 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Once your one-pot pasta is cooked, top with grated parmesan cheese + fresh basil and serve.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.