Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Homemade Steak Sandwich with Swiss + Arugula
When those sandwich cravings kick in, make sure you answer with this insanely tasty Homemade Steak Sandwich with Swiss & Arugula! Crisp, crunchy sourdough toast flanks juicy steak, fresh arugula and bold swiss cheese, topped with a twist on Russian dressing, featuring Fody’s Caesar Dressing + Fody’s Ketchup. These homemade steak sandwiches are a unique flavor explosion you’ll find yourself craving on the regular. The best part is, they come together in just around 30 minutes!
Fody’s Homemade Steak Sandwiches with Swiss + Arugula Ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless ribeye steak
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Steak Seasoning, divided
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread (or gluten free bread of choice)
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup mayo
- 3 tbsp Fody’s Ketchup
- 2 tsp Fody’s Caesar Dressing
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp dry ground mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Directions for Fody’s Homemade Steak Sandwiches with Swiss + Arugula:
- Pre-heat oven to 475F and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- While oven pre-heats, season the ribeye with 1 tbsp of Fody’s Steak Seasoning on each side.
- Place the ribeye in the center of the sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes for medium rare (internal temperature should be 135F)
- Once ribeye reaches desired doneness, remove from the oven and place on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain.
- While ribeye is resting, mix up the dressing in a small mixing bowl. Add all ingredients to the bowl + whisk to combine.
- Using the same sheet pan, arrange sourdough slices on the pan and top 4 slices with the swiss cheese. Place under the broiler about 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Watch carefully so as to not burn the bread or cheese.
- Spread dressing onto the toasted cheese-less slices. Then top with thinly sliced steak, arugula and the melted swiss toast. Your easy, homemade steak sandwich is ready!
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.