Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody’s Rustic Vegetable Soup with Tomato and Sausage
This Rustic Vegetable Soup with Tomato and Sausage is the perfect cozy, filling fall meal idea. Packed with delicious, nutritious veggies like zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and green beans simmered in Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce, Garlic Infused Olive Oil and Everyday Seasoning, it’s a flavor-packed fall soup dish that will satisfy even the heartiest of appetites! Serve this easy, healthy meal for lunch or dinner!
Fody’s Rustic Vegetable Soup with Tomato and Sausage Ingredients:
- 1 lb nitrate free pork sausage (no spices added, removed from casing)
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1.5 cups diced carrots
- ¾ cup zucchini, cut into half moons
- ¾ cup yellow squash, cut into half moons
- ⅓ cup fresh green beans, diced
- 1 cup Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce
- 4 cups low fodmap broth
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Everyday Seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1-2 tsp black pepper, season to taste
- 1-2 tsp salt, season to taste
- 12 oz gluten-free shell pasta (optional)
- 1.5 cups fresh baby spinach
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping
Directions for Fody’s Rustic Vegetable Soup with Tomato and Sausage
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat Fody’s Garlic Infused olive oil over medium high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add sausage to the pot, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Next add carrots, zucchini and green beans, stirring occasionally and cooking until sausage is browned.
- When sausage is browned, add Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce and broth to the pot along with dried thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and Fody’s Everyday Seasoning.
- Stir to combine all ingredients, then allow soup to simmer on low, uncovered for around 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If using, add the gluten free shell pasta and allow to cook for 10 more minutes or until pasta is al dente before adding the baby spinach and stirring again to combine.
- Taste and add more seasonings if desired. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.