Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Low FODMAP Steak & Veggie Gorgonzola Pasta
- 8 oz brown rice spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Steak Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Infused Oil
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 lb. flat iron steak
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered length-wise and cut unto ¼” slices
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Set aside ¼ cup of the pasta water before draining.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (cast iron or stainless steel works best). Season both sides of the steak with Fody Low FODMAP Steak Spice Blend and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook steak about 4 to 5 minutes a side or until internal temperature has reached 130 degrees F (for medium rare). Remove steak from skillet and let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1/4” thick strips diagonally against the grain.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the butter and Fody Garlic Infused Oil to the same skillet. Reduce heat to medium and sauté the zucchini and red bell pepper for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add the spaghetti and the ¼ cup pasta water. Toss in ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese.
Serve the spaghetti and veggie mixture topped with the steak slices and remaining ¼ cup gorgonzola and parsley.
About the Chef
Dianne Benjamin is the author of The Low-FODMAP Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS and Other Digestive Disorders (Quarto Publishing Group, 2016) and runs the blog Delicious as it Looks. She lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with her husband and pug. When she isn’t cooking up a storm in the kitchen or taking photos, she enjoys reading, drinking coffee and spending time with family.deliciousasitlooks.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.