Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Crispy Shredded Chicken Tacos with Mild Salsa
Switch up your taco night with these crispy shredded chicken tacos! In this gut-healthy taco recipe, shredded chicken is stuffed inside corn tortillas with lots of cheese and cilantro, then baked until crispy! Serve these bloat-free tacos with your favorite taco toppings and Fody’s Mild Salsa for an easy dinner the whole family will love!
Fody's Crispy Shredded Chicken Tacos with Mild Salsa Ingredients:
Directions for Fody's Crispy Shredded Chicken Tacos with Mild Salsa
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Then, add your chicken thighs, Fody’s Taco Seasoning and 1 Tbsp of Fody’s Shallot-Infused Olive Oil to a large bowl or plastic bag and toss until the chicken is fully coated.
- Place the chicken in your prepared baking dish and bake for 20-22 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through). Once done, use 2 large forks to shred the chicken thighs and set them aside.
- Next, turn your oven up to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay your corn tortillas out on the baking sheet and give them a quick spray of cooking spray. Then flip them over and place the pan in your preheated oven for 2-3 minutes. (We want the tortillas just soft enough to fold over your filling.) Then, take the pan out of the oven and layer each tortilla on one side with shredded cheese, your shredded chicken, cilantro and another small handful of cheese. Fold the other side of your tortilla over your filling and press down gently to make it “stick”.
- Once all of your shredded chicken tacos are made, place the pan back in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crispy.
- Serve your baked chicken tacos immediately with shredded lettuce, lime wedges and Fody’s Mild Salsa.
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.