Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Creamy Tomato Pasta with Basil and Spinach
This creamy tomato pasta is a cozy, healthy dinner you’re going to love! This comforting, bloat-free meal features gluten-free pasta, sliced bell peppers and fresh spinach all tossed in Fody’s Tomato Basil sauce and lactose-free heavy cream. The dish is topped with shredded parmesan cheese and fresh basil for a perfect presentation. Serve it with a simple side salad tossed in Fody’s Balsamic Vinaigrette for a well-balanced, gut-healthy meal!
Fody's Creamy Tomato Pasta with Basil and Spinach Ingredients:
- 12oz gluten free penne pasta
- 2 cups Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fody's Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup lactose-free heavy cream
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- Fresh basil, sliced (for garnish)
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 bunch of green onion, sliced (green parts only)
- ¼ cup Fody’s Balsamic Vinaigrette
Directions for Fody's Creamy Tomato Pasta with Basil and Spinach
- Boil the pasta according to the package’s directions, then drain it and set it aside.
- Next, heat 1 Tbsp of Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add your sliced bell peppers and cook until they’re just tender. (About 2-3 minutes.)
- Next, add Fody’s Tomato Basil Sauce and your heavy cream and stir until the sauce is fully combined and warm throughout. Then add your spinach and cook until it’s slightly wilted.
- Toss the gluten-free pasta in your sauce and serve with shredded parmesan and fresh basil sprinkled over the top.
- Add your mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber and green onion to a large bowl and toss in Fody’s Balsamic Vinaigrette until fully coated. Then serve immediately with your creamy tomato pasta and enjoy.
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.