Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody's Greek-Inspired Low FODMAP Chicken
Description of Fody's Greek-Inspired Low FODMAP Chicken
Pure proteins, like skinless chicken breast, are naturally Low FODMAP (as FODMAPs are carbohydrates). When we create Low FODMAP chicken recipes, we just have to keep track of what else goes into the dish. Lucky for us these Greek-inspired flavors of olive oil, lemon, feta, dill – and garlic – are Low FODMAP! That’s right. Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil brings just the right flavor to this dish, which is much easier to make than it looks. Looks fancy, doesn’t it? Just read through the recipe and you will see that you can whip this up as an easy weeknight meal; it also makes a great dish for entertaining, even for those who are not on the Low FODMAP diet.
Fody's Greek-Inspired Low FODMAP Chicken Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium-sized skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 8 to 9-ounces (225 g to 255 g) each
- 1/2 medium zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (32 g) chopped scallion greens (only the greens are Low FODMAP)
- 1 lemon, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- ½ cup (120 ml) Fody Marinara Sauce
- 3-ounces (85 g) crumbled feta
- 2-ounces (55 g) shredded mozzarella
Directions for Fody's Greek-Inspired Low FODMAP Chicken
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a half-sheet pan aluminum foil; set aside.
Make 5 slits in each chicken breast, crosswise. Take care not to cut through completely; go about three-quarters of the way through. Transfer to prepared pan.
In a small bowl whisk together Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, lemon juice, dill, and parsley. Whisk together and season generously with salt and pepper. Use a pastry brush to brush and dab all over chicken breasts, making sure to get into the slits.
Stuff each slit with your prepped zucchini, tomatoes, scallions and lemon. There is no wrong way. I like to put more than one item in each slit. Dollop Fody Marinara Sauce here and there. Scatter crumbled feta and mozzarella evenly over all (when eating, be mindful of Low FODMAP serving sizes – about 50g total for low-lactose cheeses).
Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes and your Low FODMAP dinner is ready!
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.