Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Fody's Quinoa Salad with Roasted Squash
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Quinoa Salad with Roasted Squash
Whether you call it squash or pumpkin, Kabocha contains no FODMAPs. This richly-colored and flavored roasted winter squash is perfect as the basis for a hearty low FODMAP salad, which also features quinoa. The cooked squash and grains are combined with a good amount of frisée (also FODMAP-free) as well as fresh herbs. Topping it off are pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds. Fody's low FODMAP garlic-infused olive oil and Fody low FODMAP steak seasoning flavor the squash during roasting and the finished salad is topped with Fody's garden herb low FODMAP dressing.
Fody's Low FODMAP Quinoa Salad with Roasted Squash Ingredients
- Roasted Pumpkin:
- 1-pound (455 g or about 4 cups) skinned, seeded, cubed kabocha pumpkin
- 1 cup (40 g) very roughly chopped scallion greens
- 2 tablespoons Fody low FODMAP garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Fody low FODMAP steak seasoning
- Quinoa & Salad
- 3/4 cup (68 g) washed quinoa, any color
- 1 1/2 cup (360 ml) water
- 2-ounces (55 g) trimmed frisée
- 1 cup (32 g) finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cup (32 g) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons Fody garden herb low FODMAP salad dressing
- ½ cup (90 g) pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw or roasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons raw or roasted slivered almonds
Directions for Fody's Harvest Quinoa Salad with Roasted Squash
For the Roasted Squash: Preheat oven 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
Roast pumpkin for 15 minutes, stir everything around, then roast for 10 to 15 minutes more or until the squash is tender when pierced with a knife. Set aside to cool to room temperature while you prep the rest of the dish.
While the squash is roasting, make the quinoa. Stir the quinoa and water together in a saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Adjust heat to low and cook until the water is just absorbed, about 10 minutes, then turn off the heat but leave the cover on. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool to room temperature while you prep the rest of the dish.
Combine the room temp or just warm squash and quinoa in a mixing bowl and add the frisée, chopped herbs and Fody Garden Herb Low FODMAP Salad Dressing and gently fold together. Arrange on a serving platter, top with pomegranate, pepitas and almonds. Low FODMAP quinoa salad is ready to serve.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.