Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Makes 4 Servings
Fody's Red Rice & Vegetable Low FODMAP Salad
Description of Fody's Red Rice & Vegetable Low FODMAP Salad
Monash University has lab tested red rice and it is low FODMAP in 1 cup (190 g) portions – perfect for our veggie packed grain bowl. Red rice cooks just like brown rice and has a similar nutty flavor and toothsome texture. Here we feature it with an assortment of low FODMAP vegetables, some of which you might be surprised to see. Carrots are a no FODMAP favorite, as are arugula and cucumber. Asparagus is low FODMAP in ½ spear (7 g) portions, and when used among other vegetables these small portions make sense. Asparagus contains fructose, by the way, so if you know that you can tolerate fructose, feel free to increase the number of spears per serving. A little goat cheese and fresh herbs on top and then drizzle with your favorite Fody Low FODMAP Salad Dressing. We like the Garden Herb or French in particular. A fried or poached egg ups your protein content!
Fody's Red Rice & Vegetable Salad Ingredients
- 2 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 4 cups (760 g) warm cooked red rice
- 2 cups (75 g) fresh arugula
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed, peeled and cut into broad, thin strips with vegetable peeler (see image)
- 6-inches (15 cm) of an English, hothouse cucumber, ends trimmed, thinly sliced crosswise into thin rounds
- 1 cup (38 g) alfalfa sprouts
- 4 poached or fried eggs
- 2-ounces (55 g) goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- ½ cup (8 g) total of chopped fresh dill, flat-leaf parsley and tarragon
- Fody Salad Dressing, such as Garden Herb or French
Directions for Fody's Red Rice & Vegetable Low FODMAP Salad
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) deep. Drop in asparagus spears and cook very briefly, until crisp/tender. Immediately drain and shock in ice-water. Pat dry, cut on the diagonal into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths and set aside.
Toss the rice with the arugula and carrots in a mixing bowl and then divide into serving bowls or place on a platter. Top with asparagus, cucumbers and sprouts (use image for inspiration). Top with cooked eggs, then crumble goat cheese overall. Scatter fresh herbs over the top and serve with Fody Low FODMAP Salad Dressing of choice.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.