Makes 4 to 6 Servings
Fody's Savory Cheddar Low FODMAP Waffles with Poached Egg
Description of Fody's Savory Cheddar Low FODMAP Waffles with Poached Egg
Waffles don’t always have to be sweet, as these cheddar low FODMAP waffles showcase so well! Chives add “onion” flavor along with the Fody's Low FODMAP Shallot-Infused Olive Oil. A poached or fried egg on top, and you have a main course meal for a low FODMAP breakfast, brunch or even dinner!
The number of waffles that you get out of the batter will be dependent on your waffle maker. Pay attention to the serving sizes, regardless of the number of your waffles.
And PS: did you know that Monash University recently stated that fresh squeezed orange juice contains no FODMAPs! So, have a glass!!!
Fody's Savory Cheddar Low FODMAP Waffles with Poached Egg Ingredients
- 2 cups (480 ml) lactose-free whole milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups (254 g) low FODMAP, gluten-free all-purpose flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder; use gluten-free if following a gluten-free diet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning, plus extra
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons Fody Low FODMAP Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- 3 ounces (84 g) cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup (16 g) minced fresh chives
- 4 to 6 poached or fried eggs
- Maple Syrup
Directions for Fody's Savory Cheddar Low FODMAP Waffles with Poached Egg
Whisk together the milk and lemon juice in a medium sized mixing bowl and allow to thicken for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and ½ teaspoon Fody Taco Seasoning to aerate and combine.
Whisk the eggs, melted butter and oil into the soured milk until combined. Pour this wet mixture over the dry and begin to fold together until a few floury streaks remain. Add cheese and chives and continue folding until batter is mixed.
Preheat waffle iron and cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately topped with a cooked egg, top with a pinch of Fody Taco Seasoning and a drizzle of maple syrup!
You can keep waffles warm in a 200°F (95°C) oven while you make subsequent batches if you like.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.