Makes 4 Servings
Fody's Shakshuka with Chickpeas & Feta
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Shakshuka with Chickpeas & Feta
This low FODMAP shakshuka features eggs poached in Fody Low FODMAP Pasta Sauce, plus extra protein and nutrition from the chickpeas and feta. We love this dish as a low FODMAP breakfast, brunch or even dinner. Serve with low FODMAP bread to soak up all the delectable sauce – try a sourdough! You'll also need Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil and a jar of Fody Pasta Sauce. These certified low FODMAP products make cooking a breeze!
Fody's Low FODMAP Shakshuka with Chickpeas & Feta Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons Fody Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup (32 g) chopped scallion greens
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, stemmed, cored and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon Fody Taco Seasoning
- 1, 19.4-ounce (550g) jar Fody Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce or Fody Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup (180 g) canned and drained chickpeas
- 3-ounces (85 g) feta, cubed or crumbled
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (8 g) cilantro leaves or flat-leaf parsley
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Shakshuka with Chickpeas & Feta
Heat Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in a 10-inch (25 cm) wide skillet over medium heat. Add chopped scallions, green pepper and minced chile and sauté until softened and beginning to brown.
Stir in Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning and cook for about 30 seconds. Add Fody Low FODMAP Pasta Sauce and chickpeas and stir everything together well. Cover and bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the feta.
With heat on low, make 4 wells within the sauce with the back of a broad spoon evenly spaced around the pan. Crack an egg into each well. Spoon a little sauce on top of each egg to facilitate the whites cooking more evenly along with the yolks. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 5 to 6 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still runny. Sprinkle cilantro or parsley on top and serve immediately.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.