Fody's Raspberry Coconut French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp coconut extract/flavoring
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 slices gluten-free bread, preferably light airy bread, not dense
- Butter, margarine or canola oil
- 1 ½ cup raspberries
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds or crumbled pecans
- 2 tsp dried coconut flakes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
Looking for a quick and yummy Low FODMAP breakfast? Try out this scrumptious recipe for Raspberry Coconut French Toast!
Scramble the egg in a wide, flat bottomed bowl (think pasta plate) along with the cinnamon, coconut flavoring, and ½ tsp brown sugar. Place the bread one slice at a time in the egg, flip to cover entire bread. Make sure each of the slices soak up all the egg so that none is leftover.
Warm a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the margarine or oil. Place the egg soaked bread on the skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until slightly brown and toasty.
Serve on plate with raspberries, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, and brown sugar. Enjoy your Low FODMAP breakfast!
About the Chef
Stephanie Clairmont, MHSc, RD is a Digestive Health Dietitian, author and teacher. She was diagnosed with IBS in 2007 and after eliminating her own symptoms with the Low FODMAP diet, now supports others on this journey with the Beyond FODMAPs Insider’s Club.stephanieclairmont.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.