Makes 4 Servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Mexican Rice Bowl
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Mexican Rice Bowl
A Tex-Mex fiesta in a bowl! We always make extra rice so that we have leftovers; that way dishes like this can come together in a flash. Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning, Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce and Fody Low FODMAP Salsa add tons of flavor. I’ve chosen to use low FODMAP rotisserie chicken (they are easier to find than you think), a small low FODMAP serving size of drained, canned black beans, chopped tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese and a dollop of lactose-free sour cream! YES, all of these ingredients are low FODMAP, when you stick with the servings sizes as recommended. This combo packs in protein, flavor, color and so many different textures to create a low FODMAP lunch or dinner bowl that is sure to satisfy.
Fody's Low FODMAP Mexican Rice Bowl Ingredients
- 4 cups (760 g) cooked rice, preferably warm (see Tips)
- ¼ teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning
- 1-pound (455 g) warm, shredded cooked chicken, such as from a low FODMAP rotisserie chicken
- ¾ cup (135 g) drained, canned black beans
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce, divided
- 4-ounces (115 g) shredded cheese, such as cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved and divided
- 80 grams avocado slices
- ¼ cup (60 g) lactose-free sour cream
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Salsa, Mild or Medium
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion greens
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Mexican Rice Bowl
Toss the rice with the Fody Low FODMAP Taco Seasoning; set aside, keeping warm. In a separate bowl, toss the shredded chicken with 1 tablespoons of the Fody Low FODMAP Taco Sauce; in another bowl toss the beans with the remaining 2 teaspoons of Fody Taco Sauce.
Assemble your bowl! Divide rice in 4 serving bowls. Top with chicken, beans, cheese, tomatoes and avocado slices in their own areas, as shown in image. Dollop with sour cream, salsa and sprinkle with scallion greens and serve immediately.
Leftover rice will most likely have been refrigerated. Cold rice has an unpleasant hard texture. You can refresh leftover chilled rice by zapping it in the microwave. Make it slightly warm or at least to room temperature.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.