Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody's Low FODMAP Mini Frittatas
Description of Fody's Low FODMAP Mini Frittatas
These mini frittatas are easy to make and are a perfect low FODMAP breakfast, brunch or lunch dish. You can make them in muffin tins, but they will be smaller and therefore the recipe will yield more; baking time will vary as well. If you can find lactose-free heavy cream, use it, but this will still be a low FODMAP recipe with conventional heavy cream. If it is easier for you to find lactose-free half-and-half, you can substitute.
Fody's Low FODMAP Mini Frittatas Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons Fody Shallot-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup (64 g) chopped scallion greens (only the greens are low FODMAP)
- 6-ounces (170 g) waxy potato, diced, peeled or unpeeled
- ½ medium zucchini, trimmed, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, trimmed, cored and diced
- 3 cups (60 g) baby spinach
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (120 ml) lactose-free heavy cream
- ¼ cup (60 g) Fody low FODMAP Salsa, Mild or Medium
- 4-ounces (115 g) shredded low FODMAP cheese, such as Cheddar or Monterey jack
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Mini Frittatas:
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Coat the insides of 6, 6-ounce (180 ml) ceramic ramekins with nonstick spray; set aside on a sturdy rimmed baking sheet pan.
Heat oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat, add scallion greens and potatoes and sauté until scallions are softened and potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. Add zucchini and bell pepper and continue to sauté until zucchini is crisp tender. Add the last of the low FODMAP vegetables – the spinach – and sauté until wilted. Taste and season generously with salt and pepper.
Whisk eggs very well in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the cream, Fody mild or medium salsa, and cheese, then fold in the low FODMAP vegetables. Divide into ramekins. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the frittatas are just set in the middle, puffed and a bit golden. Serve hot/warm.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.