Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings
Fody’s Air Fryer Eggplant Fries with Italian Herb Ketchup
Fody’s Air Fryer Eggplant Fries have all the delicious flavors you love in eggplant parm, in French Fry form! Made using Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil with a flavorful Italian Herb Ketchup using Fody’s Unsweetened Ketchup, these gut healthy fries are the perfect side dish, appetizer, or vegetarian snack. If you’re looking for meal inspo, pair these Eggplant Fries with Fody’s Turkey Meatball Subs for a satisfying and bloat-free weeknight meal!
Ingredients for Fody’s Air Fryer Eggplant Fries with Italian Herb Ketchup
- 1 medium eggplant
- ½ cup gluten-free unseasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Fody’s garlic infused olive oil
- ¼ cup gluten free 1:1 flour
For the Italian Herb Ketchup
- ¼ cup Fody’s Unsweetened Ketchup
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Directions for Fody’s Air Fryer Eggplant Fries with Italian Herb Ketchup
- Slice the eggplant into rounds about ½” thick, then slice each round into matchsticks. Add matchsticks to a large mixing bowl and season with salt, tossing to coat. Lay the matchsticks on a baking sheet lined with a paper towel, allowing the eggplant to “sweat” for about 5 minutes before patting dry.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour flour into a second small bowl. Beat eggs and Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil together in another small bowl.
- Dredge the eggplant first into the flour, then the egg & olive oil mixture and finally into the seasoned breadcrumb mixture. Repeat the process until all matchsticks are coated.
- Preheat the airfryer to 370F if your airfryer requires pre-heating. Then spray the basket with cooking spray and arrange matchsticks in the basket so they are not touching. You will likely need to cook the eggplant fries in batches.
- Cook the eggplants for 8 minutes. After about 8 minutes, shake the basket and cook again for another 5 minutes if needed or until desired crispness is reached.
- While the eggplant fries are cooking, mix together Fody’s Ketchup and herbs in a small bowl. Set aside for dipping.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.