Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Baked Sweet Potato Tacos with Black Lentils
Taco Tuesday just got a fall friendly upgrade! These baked vegetarian tacos with sweet potato & black lentils are crispy, cheesy and oh so delicious thanks to the bold flavors of Fody’s Taco Seasoning and Taco Sauce. Serve these easy low FODMAP tacos up with Fody’s Medium Salsa and a side salad for the perfect, easy no bloat dinner.
Fody’s Baked Sweet Potato Tacos with Black Lentils Ingredients:
Directions for Fody’s Baked Sweet Potato Tacos with Black Lentils
- Preheat the oven to 400F and add an oven safe cooling rack to a baking sheet. While the oven preheats, prepare the taco filling.
- In a pan over medium high heat, heat Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil until shimmering. Once oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium and add sweet potato & taco seasoning to the pan. Cook until the sweet potato is tender, about 15 minutes, then add in the taco sauce.
- Add black lentils and kale to the pan, tossing to combine all ingredients and cooking another 5 minutes until kale softens.
- Place the tortillas on a plate covered with a damp paper towel and place in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and make them easy to fold. You may need to do this in batches.
- Arrange taco shells on the cooling rack-lined baking sheet. Add the taco filling to ½ of each tortilla, then top with shredded cheddar cheese. Fold the tortilla over itself and press down gently to secure it.
- Spray the bottom of a second baking sheet with pan spray and place on top of the tacos so they do not open while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the baked tacos are golden brown. Keep a close eye on them as the shells can easily burn.
- Serve your baked tacos with a side of sour cream and Fody’s Medium Salsa.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.