Prep Time: 10 min + 1 hour marinating time
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Fody’s Sesame Ginger Skirt Steak with Herb-Roasted Carrots
This simple Sesame Ginger Skirt Steak with Herb Roasted Carrots is a delicious twist on a classic steak dinner, except this one won’t leave you feeling uncomfortable or bloated. For this low FODMAP skirt steak recipe, the steak is cooked to perfection and topped with Fody’s sesame ginger marinade and freshly chopped cilantro. Paired with caramelized brown sugar roasted carrots, this bloat-free meal is an irresistible experience you won’t want to miss!
Ingredients for Fody’s Sesame Ginger Skirt Steak with Herb-Roasted Potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs. skirt steak
- 2/3 cup Fody’s Sesame Ginger Marinade, divided
- 5 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 8 large carrots, peeled
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges or slices
Directions for Fody’s Sesame Ginger Skirt Steak with Herb Roasted Carrots
- To start preparing the skirt steak recipe, add the skirt steak to a large bowl with 1/3 cup of Fody’s sesame ginger marinade and 1 tbsp of Fody’s shallot-infused olive oil. Mix the ingredients to incorporate, cover the bowl, and marinate it for 30 min to 1 hour in the refrigerator. Next, remove it from the refrigerator and let the skirt steaks sit at room temperature for around 20 min before cooking.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Transfer the skirt steaks into a pan to cook; you may need to cook the steak in batches. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- To prepare the herb-roasted carrots, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the carrots into even 1-inch chunks (cut the thicker parts of the carrots in half, lengthwise). Add the carrot chunks to a large baking tray or baking dish lined with parchment paper. Add the remaining 4 tbsp shallot oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk together. Pour the mixture over the carrots. Toss well to coat the carrots. Place in the oven and roast for 35-45 min, tossing halfway, until the carrots are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve your skirt steak and carrots topped with fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges. Spoon the remaining 1/3 cup sesame ginger marinade over steak and carrots.
About the Chef
Janet Gronnow is the recipe creator and food photographer behind the popular blog Munch Meals by Janet and the @janetsmunchmeals Instagram account. Janet shares approachable, delicious meals for foodies and families, focusing on simple ingredients and preparations that pack big flavor.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.