Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 75 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Fody’s Meatloaf with Herb-Roasted Butternut Squash
This satisfying and super flavorful vegetarian meatloaf is perfect for sharing with family and friends at your next gathering. It’s a classic low-FODMAP comfort food that’s perfect for plant-based diets and food lovers of all kinds! It’s also bursting with delicious ingredients and when it’s combined with sweet-and-savory roasted butternut squash, it’s the ultimate heart-warming, bloat-free meal.
Ingredients for Fody’s Meatloaf with Herb-Roasted Butternut Squash
For the vegetarian meatloaf and butternut squash:
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 lbs. lean / 93% ground beef
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Fody’s Unsweetened Ketchup
- ½ cup Fody’s Medium Salsa
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced small
- ¾ cup Fody’s Unsweetened Ketchup
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Directions for Fody’s Meatloaf with Herb-Roasted Butternut Squash
- To start your vegetarian meatloaf, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of Fody’s shallot-infused olive oil, carrots and celery. Stir and cook for 15 min, covered, stirring occasionally and reducing the heat to medium-low as needed to prevent burning. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add beef, 1 tsp of the salt, eggs, breadcrumbs, ketchup, salsa, Italian seasoning, and 1 tbsp of the parsley.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x12 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Form your vegetarian meatloaf into a 9x6 inch rectangle. Place in the oven and bake for 45 min.
- On a separate, large baking tray lined with parchment paper, add butternut squash and remaining 1 tbsp shallot oil. Toss and sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp salt. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 40-50 min, flipping halfway, until tender and lightly golden on the outside. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp parsley for serving.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, stir your sauce ingredients in a bowl together. Spread a thick layer of sauce across the top of your vegetarian meatloaf and bake meatloaf another 15-20 min or until meatloaf is cooked through. Let it rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing. Serve with butternut squash and any remaining sauce.
About the Chef
Janet Gronnow is the recipe creator and food photographer behind the popular blog Munch Meals by Janet and the @janetsmunchmeals Instagram account. Janet shares approachable, delicious meals for foodies and families, focusing on simple ingredients and preparations that pack big flavor.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.