Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Makes 6 servings
Fody’s Slow Cooker Pomegranate BBQ Short Ribs & Goat Cheese Polenta with Roasted Carrots
Impress your guests this holiday season with a melt-in-your-mouth gut-friendly recipe that’s as festive as it is delicious! Featuring Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce along with Fody’s Garlic Infused & Shallot Infused Olive Oils, these pomegranate ribs will delight tastebuds and tummies alike! Served with a warm goat cheese polenta and topped with fresh rosemary & pomegranate arils, this is a restaurant-worthy, bloat-free meal without the hassle of going out.
Fody’s Slow Cooker Pomegranate BBQ Short Ribs & Goat Cheese Polenta with Roasted Carrots Ingredients:
For the Pomegranate Short Ribs
- 3 lb bone in beef short ribs
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil
- ½ tsp each of salt & pepper
- 3 large carrots, cut into rounds
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
For the goat cheese polenta
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups oat milk
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh rosemary sprigs + pomegranate arils for serving
Directions for Fody’s Slow Cooker Pomegranate BBQ Short Ribs & Polenta with Roasted Carrots
- In a heavy bottom pot or dutch oven over medium high heat, add Fody’s Garlic Infused and Shallot Infused Olive Oils and heat them until shimmering, then add salt & pepper.
- Place short ribs in the pot, searing on all sides about 1 minute per side. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your pot.
- Once short ribs are seared, add them to the basin of a slow cooker along with carrot rounds.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut sugar, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle coconut sugar & spice mixture evenly across the surface of the meat turning to coat all sides, then pour pomegranate juice, Fody’s Original BBQ Sauce and coconut aminos over top.
- Toss in fresh rosemary, thyme & chopped sage. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8.
- When the pomegranate ribs have about 30 minutes of cooking time left, you can remove the lid and increase the heat to high if it isn’t already. This helps thicken the sauce.
- In the meantime, prepare your goat cheese polenta by bringing chicken broth and oat milk to a boil in a medium pot.
- Once the goat cheese polenta is boiling, reduce the heat to low and slowly whisk in the cornmeal. Continue whisking gently for about 15-20 minutes to ensure there are no clumps in the polenta and it’s as smooth as possible.
- Remove from the heat and stir in goat cheese & butter whisking until creamy. Season your goat cheese polenta with salt & pepper to taste.
- To serve, plate the polenta, top with short ribs & a bit of sauce. Garnish with fresh rosemary and pomegranate arils.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.