Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4-6 servings
Fody’s Baked Gnocchi Arrabbiata with Homemade Meatballs
So gnocchi isn’t technically pasta–but if you’re looking for a gut friendly pasta substitute, this cozy baked gnocchi arrabbiata & homemade meatballs is the perfect bloat-free recipe. Featuring Fody’s Spicy Marinara Sauce and Garlic Infused Olive Oil, this Italian-inspired meal is oven baked, flavor packed and the ultimate in bloat-free comfort food. This gut friendly gnocchi whips up in just a little over 30 minutes so it’s an easy weeknight meal idea the whole family will love!
Ingredients for Fody’s Baked Gnocchi Arrabbiata with Homemade Meatballs:
For the baked gnocchi
- 1 x 16oz package gluten free gnocchi
- 1 cup Fody’s Spicy Marinara (Arrabbiata) Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh parsley for serving
For the homemade baked meatballs
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- Pinch of nutmeg
Directions for Fody’s Baked Gnocchi Arrabbiata with Homemade Meatballs
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine gluten free gnocchi, Fody’s Spicy Marinara Sauce, Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil, ricotta cheese and half of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix gently with a wooden spoon or a spatula until the gluten free gnocchi is coated with sauce & cheese and all ingredients are homogenous.
- Pour gnocchi mixture into an oven-safe skillet or baking dish. Using the same spoon or spatula smooth the gnocchi out evenly across the dish, then top with additional shredded mozzarella and slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the gluten free gnocchi bakes, prepare the meatballs.
- Add ground beef, ground pork, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan, spices and Fody’s Garlic Infused Olive Oil to a mixing bowl, mixing gently to combine until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Form the mixture into balls about 2-3” in diameter and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake the meatballs for the remaining 15-20 minutes while the gnocchi finishes baking.
- Serve your gluten friendly gnocchi and baked meatballs with fresh parsley.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.