Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Fody's Chicken Meatball Low FODMAP Soup
Description of Fody's Chicken Meatball Low FODMAP Soup
Soup can be a quick and easy weeknight meal, especially when you have Fody Low FODMAP chicken soup base in the pantry. This is one of my favorite Fody products because it is shelf-stable, always there for me when I need it, and I can use as little or as much as I want. I find this flexibility to be truly accommodating. This low FODMAP chicken soup recipe starts with chicken broth as the base, and is a liquidy, yet hearty soup, featuring chicken meatballs, millet, and classic low FODMAP vegetables – spinach, carrots and celery.
Fody's Chicken Meatball Low FODMAP Soup Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Fody Low FODMAP garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup (16 g) chopped scallion greens
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced crosswise into ¼-inch (6 mm) discs
- 1/2 stalk celery, trimmed, and sliced crosswise into ¼-inch (6 mm) pieces
- ½ teaspoon Fody Lemon Herb Seasoning, divided
- 10 cups (2.4 L) water
- 1 ½ tablespoon Fody Low FODMAP chicken soup base
- 1 cup (200 g) millet
- 1 ½-ounces (40 g) baby spinach
- 12-ounces (340 g) ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions for Fody's Chicken Meatball Low FODMAP Soup
Heat the low FODMAP olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the scallion greens (remember, only the greens are low FODMAP), carrots, celery, and ¼ teaspoon Fody lemon herb low FODMAP seasoning and sauté until scallions soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the water and Fody chicken soup base. Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat, adjust heat to a simmer and stir in the millet. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the millet is cooked but still a tad al dente. Stir in the baby spinach, which will wilt almost immediately.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl stir together the ground chicken, dill, parsley, remaining Fody lemon herb low FODMAP seasoning and season with a little salt and pepper. The mixture will be very moist. Use a small 1-inch (2.5 cm) scoop to create meatballs and drop them directly into the simmering soup. Simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Your Low FODMAP chicken soup is ready to serve.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step.
Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.