Makes 10 servings
Fody's One-Pot Low FODMAP Pork with Fall Vegetables
Description of Fody's One-Pot Low FODMAP Pork with Fall Vegetables
This one-pot low FODMAP dinner is hearty and satisfying. Pork shoulder is an inexpensive cut yet it provides what we need, which is the perfect balance of fat and muscle for both tenderness and flavor. An assortment of low FODMAP vegetables - carrots, potatoes, celery root, turnip and sweet potatoes - add flavor, color and heartiness. Fody's line of low FODMAP kitchen staples - Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, Chicken Soup Base and Lemon Herb Seasoning - help this low FODMAP recipe for IBS come together quickly and deliciously.
Fody's One-Pot Low FODMAP Pork with Fall Vegetables Ingredients
- 3-pounds (1.4 kg) boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 1/3 cup (49 g) low FODMAP, gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- 1 cup (72 g) finely chopped leek greens
- 1 cup (64 g) finely chopped scallion greens
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) dry white wine, at room temperature
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- 1/2 tablespoons Fody Low FODMAP Chicken Soup Base
- 1, 14.5 ounce (411 g) can diced tomatoes
- 4 medium carrots, trimmed, peeled and cut into large bite-sized chunks
- 8-ounces (225 g) waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-sized chunks
- 8-ounces (225 g) celeriac (celery root), trimmed, peeled and cut into large bite-sized chunks
- 8-ounces (225 g) turnip, trimmed, peeled and cut into large bite-sized chunks
- 8-ounces (225 g) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-sized chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Fody Low FODMAP Lemon Herb Seasoning Flat-leaf parsley
Directions for Fody's One-Pot Low FODMAP Pork with Fall Vegetables
Place pork in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the flour. Sprinkle with the salt and a generous amount of black pepper, then use your hands to coat the pork evenly and well.
Heat the Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Olive Oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add enough pork to create a single layer, without crowding, and brown for a few minutes, then flip the cubes over and brown some more. Remove to a platter when browned and repeat with remaining pork, again cooking until browned.
Add the leek and scallion greens to the empty pot and sauté over low-medium heat until softened. Turn heat up to medium, add wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen all of the delicious browned bits. Add the soup base, water and tomatoes, cover and bring to a boil. Whisk to ensure that the chicken base is dissolved.
Add the carrots, potatoes, celeriac, turnip, sweet potatoes, bay leaf and Fody Low FODMAP Lemon Herb Seasoning. Cover, bring to a boil over high heat, then adjust heat so that the mixture simmers. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the pork back into the pot, stirring everything together well and cook for about 30 minutes until pork is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Stew is ready to serve with chopped parsley sprinkled on top. You can also cool the stew and refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 4 days. We actually like it on days 2 and 3 the best!
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step. Recipe brought to you by FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original low FODMAP recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.