Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Recipe yields 4 servings
Fody's Sweet and Sour Sauce Steak Kabobs
Seasoned steak bites and bell peppers are skewered and grilled to perfection then brushed with a tasty, low FODMAP sweet and sour sauce made with Fody’s Ketchup! These gut-friendly homemade kabobs are perfect for grilling season and make for an easy summer dinner! Paired them with your favorite white rice for a well rounded meal!
Fody's Low FODMAP Sweet and Sour Sauce Steak Kabobs
- 1 lb. chuck roast steak strips, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp Fody’s Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes (about ½ cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup green scallions, finely sliced (only the green parts)
- ¼ cup Fody’s Ketchup
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
Directions for Fody's Low FODMAP Sweet and Sour Sauce Steak Kabobs
- Whisk your ketchup, rice vinegar, maple syrup and soy sauce together in a pot and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once boiling, mix the cornstarch and water together then slowly whisk it into your sauce. Continue whisking until the sauce has thickened slightly. Take your pot of low FODMAP sweet and sour sauce off the stove and allow the sauce to cool.
- Next preheat your grill to medium high heat (about 425 degrees) and soak your wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Then place your steak pieces in a large bowl and toss them in Fody’s Garlic-Infused Olive Oil and Fody’s Steak Seasoning. (Season with extra salt and black pepper if desired.)
- Next assemble the sweet and sour kabobs by threading your steak pieces and bell peppers onto your skewers, alternating between each piece.
- Once the grill is hot, oil the grates to prevent your skewers from sticking. Then place your skewers on the grill and grill for 9-10 minutes flipping halfway through.
- When there’s 4 minutes left, generously baste each skewer with your low FODMAP sweet and sour sauce on all sides. Serve immediately with extra sauce on the side.
About the Chef
Caitlin Monson is the photographer and content creator behind Kalefornia Kravings. Her love of cooking started at a young when she was constantly in the kitchen with her mother helping her stir, lining up ingredients and of course (the best part) licking the spoon! This passion later grew into what it is today as she strives to not only create delicious tasting recipes but also recipes that are gut healthy and easily approachable by the everyday cook.
At Kalefornia Kravings you’ll find simple easy to follow recipes that still taste delicious and are made with better for you ingredients! You can follow along with her on Instagram @kalefornia_kravings or check out her website www.kaleforniakravings.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.