Makes about 5 quarts (4.7 L); serving size 2 cups (480 ml)
Fody's Winter Vegetable Soup
Description of FODY's Low FODMAP Vegetable Soup
Soup is such a soul and belly-warming dish, making it perfect for the colder months. You might think of summer as the time when vegetables are at their peak, but this Low FODMAP Winter Vegetable Soup combines many of the available colorful and nutritious vegetables. The Low FODMAP vegetable soup recipe also takes advantage of the fact that white potatoes, carrots and parsnips are listed on the Monash University Smartphone App as FODMAP-friendly, and collard greens and kale contain only trace amounts, so we can include all of them generously. The soup is ready in less than an hour, and much of that time is unattended, making this an easy recipe for even beginner cooks.
Low FODMAP Winter Vegetable Soup Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons Fody Low FODMAP Garlic-Infused Oil
- 3/4 cup (54 g) finely chopped leek greens
- 1/4 cup (16 g) finely chopped scallion greens
- 16 cups (3.8 L) room temperature water
- 3 tablespoons Fody Vegetable Low FODMAP Soup Base
- 1 teaspoon Fody Lemon & Herb Low FODMAP Spice Blend
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound (455 g) small white potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 8 ounces (225 g) cubed butternut squash (1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes)
- 6 medium (366 g) carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces on the diagonal
- 3 medium (255 g) parsnips, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces on the diagonal
- 6 ounces (170 g) stemmed and chopped collard greens (bite-sized pieces)
- 4 ounces (115 g) stemmed and chopped or torn curly kale (bite-sized pieces)
Cooking Directions for Low FODMAP Winter Vegetable Soup
Heat oil in a 6 quart (5.7 L) Dutch oven or similar size stockpot over medium heat. Add chopped leek and scallion greens and sauté over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft but not browned.
Add water, Fody Low FODMAP Vegetable Soup Base, Fody Lemon & Herb Spice Blend, bay leaf, potatoes, squash, carrots and parsnips bring to a boil over high heat, stirring well to dissolve soup base. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes, squash, carrots and parsnips are just tender when pierced with a knife. Add collard greens and kale and simmer for 5 more minutes. The Low FODMAP vegetable soup is ready to serve; don’t forget to remove the bay leaf. Soup can be refrigerated in airtight containers for up to 4 days or frozen for 1 month.
About the Chef
Dédé Wilson is the author of 17 cookbooks, including co-author of The Low FODMAP Diet: Step By Step. Low FODMAP Recipes come courtesy of FODMAP Everyday® where we help you thrive while following the Low FODMAP Diet.
This original Low FODMAP vegetable soup recipe was created by recipe developer and author Dédé Wilson. You can find many more original Low FODMAP recipes, food and diet guidance as well as resources, support and more at FODMAP Everyday®.fodmapeveryday.com
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.