Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Fody’s Copycat Big Mac Salad
Who needs fast food when you can make something as delicious and even more nutritious at home?! Fody’s Copycat Big Mac salad has all the tasty, nostalgic flavors of a Big Mac, made with easy to digest ingredients like Fody’s Original Ketchup, Shallot Infused Olive Oil & Lemon Herb Seasoning. It makes for the perfect easy weeknight meal to whip up in a flash for friends or ahead of time as part of your Meal Prep Monday routine!
Ingredients for Fody’s Copycat Big Mac Salad
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp Fody’s Original Ketchup
- 2 tsp Fody’s Shallot Infused Olive Oil
- ½ cup Mayo
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped pickles or relish
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Fody’s Lemon Herb Seasoning
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Pinch of salt
For the Salad
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 6 cups shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced dill pickles
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
Directions for Fody’s Copycat Big Mac Salad
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients & set aside. Tip: if the dressing is a bit too thick, add a bit of water ½ tsp at a time until it is easy to drizzle.
- Lightly grease a large skillet & heat over medium- high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break it up. Season with salt, pepper & paprika and continue to cook until beef is browned.
- Once beef is browned & no pink remains, use a slotted spoon to remove it from the pan, draining off the fat. Add it to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Assemble the salad by plating the lettuce first, then top with the ground beef, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and pickles. Top with the homemade dressing & sesame seeds.
About the Chef
Kimberly, the creator behind Pretty Delicious Life, began developing Low FODMAP friendly recipes in late 2017 after being diagnosed with SIBO/IBS. In order to work towards healing, she adopted a gluten free, low FODMAP diet and quickly realized she had a knack and passion for developing gut friendly recipes. She made it her mission to not only develop delicious meals + treats, but to create recipes that felt exciting for everyone. She believes that while healing can feel isolating, food is a vehicle to bring us together which is why all of her recipes are designed with the whole family in mind.
At Pretty Delicious Life, you will find delicious, healthy, gut-friendly recipes anyone will enjoy! You can follow along with her Instagram @prettydeliciouslife or check out her website www.prettydeliciouslife.comfor more deliciousness!
So, what are you waiting for?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Your cart -
Your cart is currently empty.